Build a Basic Surface Tracking Experience
Construction of an AR experience using SLAM
- Click 'Editor' to open the project in PlayCanvas Editor as shown in the image below:
Play Canvas Editor
- Select the 'Main' Scene
- Click the gear icon to open Main settings as show in the image below:
- A pop-up will appear as an instructor panel on the right side of the screen
- Click on 'External Scripts'
- A URLs pop-up will appear on the screen with a sample license key as shown in the image below:
URL with License Key
- In the second url's license-key search parameter, replace the sample license key value xxxxxxxx-1111-2222-3333-yyyyyyyyyyyy with a valid license key registered in the Blippar hub.
- In the left 'Hierarchy' panel select the Root Entity
- In the right Inspector Panel, click the 'arrow' next to WebarSdkSurface 'Script' component as shown in the image below and make sure the following the following details are entered:
- Ensure the Camera Entity is selected under the Webar Camera field
- Ensure the playcanvas Entity, which needs to be displayed on a surface, is selected under the Webar Stage field.
- If there are multiple Entities to be displayed, they can be placed under a single parent entity
- The parent entity can then be selected in the Webar Stage field.
- Click Publish/Download from the left panel and download the project.
- Host it on a local/remote HTTPS web server
- You can alternatively host it on a server having the same domain name as the one for which the license key is registered.
Load the URL on a mobile browser(iOS Safari or Android Chrome) to start viewing the experience
Surface Tracking Experience with PlayCanvas