Read through few commonly asked questions
A. Web-based augmented reality enables AR to work with a web browser.
It is also a valuable addition for existing web pages by helping developers ease into the AR market.
For example, it can allow your customers to view your products in their chosen environment - like a new sofa in their living room.
You can also integrate WebAR SDK with your application and create countless experiences or illustrations.
These illustrations allow users to place a life-sized representation of an object simulating reality.
Once placed, the life-size object stays on the selected surface and the user is able to move it around three dimensionally.
This gives viewers a deeper understanding of the object than is possible with a 3D object.
Let your users experience augmented reality on your very own website using our WebAR SDK.
With just a few lines of code you can create several extraordinary, engaging, interactive Web AR experiences that will immerse your users and visualize your products letting them enjoy a browser-based augmented reality experience.
A. To get started, you need to sign up and get a license. WebAR SDK allows you to get a free trial license which provides a 100 Free views. You can choose a suitable paid subscription as well.
Post this you can download the WebAR SDK bundle and start creating your AR experiences. You can create unlimited number of AR experiences with a license.
Then click on View Documentation for a step-by-step guide on how to integrate the WebAR SDK with your infrastructure and how to host it on a web browser.
A. WebAR SDK supports both Android on Chrome and iOS Safari browsers on your mobile device.
To ensure the best user experience, we recommend using the latest version of these browsers.
As the WebAR SDK needs a virtual rear-view camera to load the virtual scene, it is at present not supported on desktop or laptop devices.
It is compatible with web content standards that support 2D and 3D, such as HTML and WebGL.
A. WebAR-sdk script is already bundled with
- a-frame version 1.2.0
Index.html : Helps you understand what to add and where to add them in your application HTML file. It also helps ensure that you do not change the default parameters. Index.html gets loaded on loading the individual experience.
README.md : Contains a WebAR SDK example with a live demo that you can run on your mobile browser.
webar-sdk : A folder that contains the .js files to add in the html script, icons, images and sample models to create demos.
A. You don’t need to install an extension.
You only need a web browser to host the application.
Note: SSL is a must to access the webcam on a mobile browser.
A. There are no specific apps that need to be installed.
WebAR SDK is integrated onto the front end of the web application and you can execute it on the web browser.
It runs in Chrome or Safari on any mobile device with no app required. Your users just need to enable the web camera.
A. Blippar WebAR SDK requires a mobile browser that supports the following features:
- WebGL (canvas.getContext(‘webgl’) or canvas.getContext(‘webgl2’))
- getUserMedia (navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia)
- deviceorientation (window.DeviceOrientationEvent)
- Web-Assembly/WASM (window.WebAssembly)
Note: Running Blippar WebAR SDK is only possible through **https**.
This is necessary for the browser to access the camera.
The above applies both to iOS and Android devices
- OS Version: iOS 11 and later
- Supported browsers:
- Note: In Safari, the call to getUserMedia directly returns the video input device, not a UIWebView or WKWebView.
- iOS 14.4 and later
- Chrome 87.0.4280.77 and later
- Chrome-variants (e.g., Samsung Browser)
A. First you need to obtain the WebAR SDK license and download the WebAR SDK Bundle.
Once this is done, integrate WebAR SDK with your application, host it and then you can view your AR experience.
While the application is loading on the mobile browser, you’ll see the following:
- A loading progress bar while the scripts and assets are loading.
- When loaded, a webcam view with a hand animation guide
Once you see this,
- Slowly move the phone left and right while the camera is looking at a textured/patterned surface and make sure that the surface is not too shiny, too bright or too dark.
- When the surface is detected, a 3D model will appear on the surface.
Note: Please ensure that the domain name used while hosting is the same as the domain name entered while obtaining the license.
A. Not Currently.
A. Yes. Please click here to access our documentation space and get help for creating your AR experiences.
A. “elType enum values” for “video” is meant only for monitoring purposes. If the video resource has been loaded, a progress bar will appear on the screen until the load is completed.
A. Yes. You can build your customized web AR platform (Blippar on a browser) on your own domain.
A. Upload a video asset, place in scene. In options you can then set to auto-play.
A. Yes. You can install the same SDK in 10 different paths to get 10 QR codes and the domain remains the same for all.
A. Yes. You can publish your AR campaign for free up to a 100 views by choosing Trial plan.
A. No. WebAR SDK is free to download at all times. Payment details are only required when you create a paid license and choose one of the pricing plan.
A. Yes. You get up to a 100 free views.
A. You can renew your trial license. You will receive an email notifying you that your free views allocation has been reached and you will purchase views in order to continue using the SDK. For more information refer Manage Your License
A. Yes. An expired license can be renewed. You can choose the desired views from the wide range of pricing plan and top-up your expired license to re-activate it. For more information refer Manage Your License
A. Yes. You can renew your license and access the project again. For more information refer Manage Your License
A. No. If you pause your license then your views will not be utilized and your project/campaign will not be active until you resume your license again. For more information refer Manage Your License
A. Yes. If the views get utilized and your auto-renewal is cancelled then the license expires. However, you can renew your expired license by choosing the desired views from the wide range of pricing plan and top-up your expired license to re-activate it. For more information refer Manage Your License
A. Yes. You can add the desired amount of views to your existing license at any point. For more information refer Manage Your License
A. You can add the desired amount of views to your existing license by using Manage Views option from your license on the HUB. For more information refer Manage Your License
A. Yes. You can add more views when you still have unused views remaining and Yes the unused views balance will get added to the newly bought views. You will not loose any unused views due to the new addition.
A. Yes. You can top up your views at any time based on your requirement. For more information refer Manage Your License
A. Yes. You can switch the payment plan to suit your needs at anytime. The chosen plan will automatically reflect at the time of renewal and auto-renew will occur based on the last plan opted. For more information refer Manage Your License
A. No. Your trial license provides 100 free views. If these get utilized then you can add more views by choosing a desired pricing bundle. For more information refer Manage Your License
A. Yes. You can delete your license after it is expired. Please ensure to download any markers for later use before deleting the license. For more information refer Manage Your License
A. An expired license can be renewed at any point by choosing the desired views from the wide range of pricing plan. If you choose to not renew and delete the license then please ensure you download your markers and retain a copy so you can upload these when you create a new license.
A. You can make a payment though Credit/Debit card.
A. Follow our monthly newsletters as we are planning to release discount coupon codes for buying views.
A. Yes. You will receive an email notification when you have utilized 80% of your views. However, since auto-renew is ON by default, the views will get added based on your last purchase automatically.
A. Yes. You can upgrade your trail license by buying desired view bundles from an array of pricing option. For more information refer Manage Your License
A. Yes. License validity does not impact the download option for SDK bundle. SDK bundle is free for download at all times. For more information refer Download SDK Kit
A. You can renew your license by buying desired view bundles from an array of pricing option. If auto-renewal fails and money is debited from your account please contact customer support.
A. Yes. WebAR SDK supports different rendering engines such as A-Frame, PlayCanvas as well as Babylon.js.
A. The type of rendering you wish to use can be specified in the attribute rendering section of API customization. For more information refer API Reference (v1.4.7)
A. Babylon.js supports Physically Based Rendering(PBR) to render more realistic models. It also supports CPU/GPU based Particle systems to generate real time spark, smoke or fire to create amazing and beautiful AR experiences. You can provide soft, transparent shadow like effects. WebAR SDK also supports A-frame and PlayCanvas rendering engines. You can choose any rendering engine to create your experiences.
- Blippar has made it possible for Unity developers to integrate its WebAR SDK into the Unity platform.
- The integration enables Unity developers to create lightweight AR experiences that can be easily published directly to any web browser.
- The product has been designed for creative Unity developers who are looking to build lightweight AR experiences within one platform.
- In order to benefit from the integration, developers need to download the free SDK package from the Blippar website and purchase a Blippar SDK license key, which is also done on the Blippar website.
- Blippar WebAR SDK license keys can be purchased from as little as $10 (providing up to 5k views) and increase in price depending on the amount of views the project receives. License keys are free for 100 views or under.
The Blippar SDK Unity package is free to download, and once the developer has access to Unity, the only cost required is the purchase of the license key (costs broken down above).
- By integrating Blippar’s WebAR SDK into Unity, Unity developers will be able to create lightweight AR experiences that can be easily published directly to any web browser.
- With Blippar’s SDK, Unity developers save considerable time and effort, no longer needing to work between multiple platforms in order to create and publish web AR experiences.
- This integration, which has been frequently requested by developers, enables creators to increase their production of lightweight web AR experiences and removes the friction of requiring end users to download an app.
- The benefits are three-fold, advancing both creators, businesses, and end-users.
- Developers can create web AR content more efficiently, and web AR content – in comparison to dedicated AR apps – is highly accessible and allows for spontaneity.
- As web AR can be triggered with a smartphone from any object, link or QR code, it enables publishing across social media platforms such as Meta, TikTok and Snap and websites including e-commerce and gaming.
- Additionally, the need for an app download process is removed, alleviating friction for the end user.
- This means that when AR experiences are web based, the addressable audience size is increased to 5 billion smartphone users, and Blippar’s SDK allows brands and businesses creating with Unity to tap into this market.
Blippar and Unity users will benefit from the following features:
- Instant access to the integration via a simple, downloadable package within Unity
- The ability to publish Unity-built projects, along with interactivity, 3D models, animations, and particle effects to web AR
- The creation of fully immersive and realistic surface and marker tracking web AR experiences
- The ability to run creations through any mobile browser (iOS Safari and Android Chrome) or social media platform, including Snap, Meta, Whatsapp and WeChat
The plug-in currently supports only image target or marker tracking and surface target or plane tracking types of AR creations.
A. Yes. Refer article on unity examples for more information click here. Also note that this cannot be launched on the mobile application.
A. Scan the QR code displayed on the screen using a mobile phone and load the surface tracking or marker tracking experiences. For more information refer article Preview and Publish or (develop locally)
A. 100 free views. Refer (Pricing page)
A. No, it is free.
Was this article helpful? 1 out of 2 found this helpful